Saturday, October 3, 2009

Such High Hopes

I had such high hopes for this weekend. I am blessed to have Fri through Sun off. So as I toiled at my desk job this week, I had all kinds of visions as to what I was going to accomplish on Friday when I finally got some time when I wasn't tethered to my phone with a headset. Here's what I wanted to get done: do my grocery shopping finish my laundry, work on some kind of craft project, ride my new bike, knit a couch, get sanctified, learn how to conduct open heart surgery, etc. Here's what I accomplished: prayer time and eating several chunks of cookie dough straight out of the tub. I'm not quite sure what happened to the rest of my day. Maybe I lost consciousness and morphed into another me that did something fun, like go to Europe. Maybe the other me is still having a good time, which excuses the present me from any duties today. I hope the other me brings me back a souvenier. Like French cookie dough.

PS I was blessed to get to see Phillip and Heather's mission service last night. I will post pics later. It just didn't seem right to put my indolence and their Columbian efforts in the same room together.

2 comments:

ChristieChristina said...

You know I can agree!! The Only things we accomplished here was some Packing and getting Traci's B-day thing over with. Oh I did go to Church!! However, I was hoping to sticking to my Diet and finish Laundry,and doing more of my Domesticated Stuff!!!! So,hey when you get some French Cookie do Send some my way!!!:O)

Travis, Donna, Alyssa, Marissa, Trae said...

Sounds great to me!!Can't wait for the pic..Glad you had a relaxing weekend!! Only you could have a tub of cookie dough... little miss skinny minnie..Luv ya girl enjoying the update!!!